cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo Weblink: CheckIfIsFromFormat(int) not working

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Creo Weblink: CheckIfIsFromFormat(int) not working

Hi there,

I am running a little script to replace drawing formats.

tables = drawing.ListTables();

for (var i=0; i<tables.Count; i++)

{

var table = tables.Item(i);

if (table.CheckIfIsFromFormat(cur_sheet) == true)

{

var table_sel = drawing.GetTable(i);

// table is from format, delete it

drawing.DeleteTable(table, false);

}

}

As it turns out since Creo 2.0 M100 the function CheckIfIsFromFormat(cur_sheet) always returns a "true".

Can anyone confirm this behavior?

I see two ways to fix this:

Option A: PTC imediatly fixes this bug (But I guess this is going to happen in Creo 3.0 at the earliest.)

Option B: finding a way to get the position of the current table (like: "table.IsfromSheet").

Does anyone know, how to get the postion of a table?

Cheers

Matthias

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:Mat)

PTC - Support told me that this new behavior is intended.

To Check, if a table is from a format frame (e.g. a company's A4 template) and if a table is the one on the current sheet you want to modify, You have to alter the script above to

if (table.CheckIfIsFromFormat(cur_sheet) == true && table.GetSegmentSheet(0) == cur_sheet )

{

...things to do

}

Works with M110!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

This error occurs in Version M90 as well.

M80 seems to work correct.

Bye

Matthias

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

PTC - Support told me that this new behavior is intended.

To Check, if a table is from a format frame (e.g. a company's A4 template) and if a table is the one on the current sheet you want to modify, You have to alter the script above to

if (table.CheckIfIsFromFormat(cur_sheet) == true && table.GetSegmentSheet(0) == cur_sheet )

{

...things to do

}

Works with M110!

Top Tags