cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Automation error in Excel

cstarnes
10-Marble

Automation error in Excel

I had an Excel sheet working nicely with Creo 2, and all of a sudden I started getting automation errors while trying to connect. The error is "Run-time error 2147417851 (80010105), Automation error. The server threw an exception."

The only way I can clear it is to restart the PC. It will work fine a few times, and then throw it again. I can't find anything that would cause it, and it always happens while trying to connect.

Set oConn = oAsynConn.Connect (Null, Null, Null, 5).

Once it trips, I get the error regardless if I stop and restart excel, and it doesn't matter if Creo is open or not. It also happened when I tested on a different machine with the same spreadsheet. I've unregistered/re-registered the component, checked the references, etc. All looks fine.

Any ideas?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

From PTC support... the COM process can sometimes hang during a non-trapped error. The solution is to manually kill the pfclscom.exe process.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomasLoun
4-Participant
(To:cstarnes)

This error should be related to Excel, not to connect. I would suggest to check how is the Excel object created.

Try to google this error number, there are many issues on this error code - for example this on: run-time error '-2147417851 (80010105)'

Regards,

Tom

Only happens with reference to Creo library though, and only when code execution stops (debug mode).

TomasLoun
4-Participant
(To:cstarnes)

Could you post some minimal code and tell how are you creating the references to the COM libraries?

From PTC support... the COM process can sometimes hang during a non-trapped error. The solution is to manually kill the pfclscom.exe process.

Top Tags