cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo Icons

KQD
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Creo Icons

Can I make a simple to implement suggestion (and it is simple) relating to application icons?

Currently when you install Creo the icons for all versions are identical (so the Creo 5 icon is the same as Creo 6 etc). If you have multiple versions installed this can - and does - lead to simple errors opening the wrong version and occasionally results in files being updated to the new version.

A very simple solution - which SolidWorks and other use - is to add the version to the Icon. So rather than just a simple box with a blue box, have a box with 6 in it, or 5 -you get the idea. Maybe even change the colours as well?

Or just change the icons between versions. Anything is better than the current confusion.

6 REPLIES 6
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:KQD)

@KQD 

Suggestions for change in application can post in Ideas section for Creo.. 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/idb-p/creoparametric

KQD
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Thanks have done that now.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@KQD wrote:

Can I make a simple to implement suggestion (and it is simple) relating to application icons?

Currently when you install Creo the icons for all versions are identical (so the Creo 5 icon is the same as Creo 6 etc). If you have multiple versions installed this can - and does - lead to simple errors opening the wrong version and occasionally results in files being updated to the new version.

A very simple solution - which SolidWorks and other use - is to add the version to the Icon. So rather than just a simple box with a blue box, have a box with 6 in it, or 5 -you get the idea. Maybe even change the colours as well?

Or just change the icons between versions. Anything is better than the current confusion.

Hi,

please do not expect that PTC will fulfill your request. Simply do it by your self and upload your icons to make other users happy 🙂

Martin Hanák
KQD
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:MartinHanak)

True, I could do it, but seeing as how we pay PTC every year for subscription services I really think this is one they should do. In my (long) experience of CAD vendors, if you don't tell them something is wrong from a UX point of view they assume all is well. But there is a balance to be had in suggesting major structural changes (like multi body part modelling) and things that will take their icon designer 2 mins. I'm suggesting this is in that latter category 🙂

YY_8922822
13-Aquamarine

This is a very important request, which already exists in almost all software

Top Tags