cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Student License and School License not working

ndl0928
3-Visitor

Student License and School License not working

I was using Creo (v10) under a school given license for about 4 months. Since this license only worked at campus and I needed more time to work, I decided to add the online student license that my friends recommended to me. 

At first, it was not working and continued to operate under the school's license and did not work away from campus. Then I went on my desktop to Creo open file location> Reconfigure. Here I went to the licensing page where I only found the student license. I accepted and went through with everything hoping that Creo would now work under the student license like how I wanted it to.

Instead, now every time I open Creo it says that I must register the Quality Agent for Creo to keep running and when I allow it to register it it says that Creo is shutting down under code 0x00000013.

It might be helpful to note that when I first installed the student license under my laptop and it did not work I installed it on my PC and did a project on it meanwhile. The rest happened after I used the student lisence on my PC. 

How do I fix this I need Creo fixed ASAP

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

in my installation the path to Quality agent exe file is E:\PTC\Creo10_030\DiagnosticTools\x86e_win64\obj\qualityagent.exe

Try adding following option at the end of config.pro file.

quality_agent_path <CREO_installation_directory>\DiagnosticTools\x86e_win64\obj\qualityagent.exe

To be able to use school's license and student license according your needs, you have to create 2 psf files in <CREO_installation_directory>Parametric\bin directory.

By default installation creates parametric.psf file, only.

My suggestion:

1.] rename parametric.psf file to parametric_school.psf

2.] copy parametric_school.psf to parametric_student.psf

3.] edit parametric_school.psf in Notepad

DESC=Creo at school

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=55965@um02celslicp00.cgcent.miami.edu

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=Here_enter_school_license_name ()

4.] edit parametric_student.psf in Notepad

DESC=Creo for Student

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK100908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license.dat

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=Here_enter_student_license_name ()

5.] on Desktop create shortcut for <CREO_installation_directory>Parametric\bin\parametric.exe

set Start in directory properly

double click the shortcut to start Creo

Martin Hanák
Top Tags