cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Import of xml file (entities FundamentalsGlobalEntities.xml) failed

PD_9717258
5-Regular Member

Import of xml file (entities FundamentalsGlobalEntities.xml) failed

Hello,

I'm just getting started with my fundamentals ThingWorx class for architects. PTC academy provides a .xml file ("FundamentalsGlobalEntities.xml") which contains  the supporting entities i will use to build an IoT application. It wants me to import the .xml file.

In the attached screenshot you will be able to see the message I receive after hitting the import button.

Does anybody know whats the problem and how to solve it?

Thank you so much for you help

Kind regards

Philipp

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PD_9717258
5-Regular Member
(To:anarwal)

Hey,

i solved the problem. Our Admin didn't give me the rights to do anything but read....

Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
anarwal
12-Amethyst
(To:PD_9717258)

Spoiler
Hi @PD_9717258 , Could you share the application logs error. You also can check platform-setting.json if import are allowed.

Regards

Ankur
PD_9717258
5-Regular Member

Can you tell me how to find the application logs error? What is platform-setting.json? Sorry for asking stupid questions but I'm completely new to PTC ThingWorx

The only thing I found is "LOGS" in the monitoring section, but it seems to be empty or at least it doesn't open.

2020-11-24 13_23_35-Microsoft Edge.png

anarwal
12-Amethyst

Hi @PD_9717258 , You can search for log on the thingworx installation folder under  <ThingworxStorage>/logs.

Regards
Ankur

PD_9717258
5-Regular Member

Hey,

i solved the problem. Our Admin didn't give me the rights to do anything but read....

Thank you for your help!

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @PD_9717258.

Since you found the solution, please mark your last response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Announcements

Top Tags