cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Libraries Google Maps

AC_9552412
10-Marble

Libraries Google Maps

Hi, I want to use the geometry and drawing libraries from google maps, I have updated the metadata.xml file adding libraries=geometry,drawing, but I don't get the corresponding options in the map widget, is it necessary to make more changes in the code for it to work properly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@AC_9552412 , 
From the screen capture you added code to "googlemap.ide.js". 

There should also be code added to "googlemap.runtime.js" which makes the approate updates.

The updates include adding the option "drawingControl: true," to options when the item is checked. 

You also added the drawing library:

googleMapsConnectionString = _invoker.result.rows[0].GetGoogleMapsConnectionString + "&libraries=drawing";

When defining an instance of the Google Map you need to create an instance of the map object. This looks like 

= new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById("map"),

from the Google Maps Documentation. When reviewing the "googlemap.runtime.js" we find:

thisWidget.map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById(thisWidget.jqElementId), options);

This creates a Google Map object. From the google documents you need to load the drawing manager. You need to add code which looks like:

thisWidget.drawingManager = new google.maps.drawing.DrawingManager({
    drawingMode: google.maps.drawing.OverlayType.MARKER,
    drawingControl: true,
    drawingControlOptions: {
    position: google.maps.ControlPosition.TOP_CENTER,
	drawingModes: [
	google.maps.drawing.OverlayType.MARKER,
	google.maps.drawing.OverlayType.CIRCLE,
	google.maps.drawing.OverlayType.POLYGON,
	google.maps.drawing.OverlayType.POLYLINE,
	google.maps.drawing.OverlayType.RECTANGLE,
	],
    },
    markerOptions: {
       icon:					"https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/full/images/beachflag.png",
    },
    circleOptions: {
	fillColor: "#ffff00",
	fillOpacity: 1,
	strokeWeight: 5,
	clickable: false,
	editable: true,
	zIndex: 1,
     },
});
thisWidget.drawingManager.setMap(thisWidget.map);

The above is based on the Google Maps https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/drawing-tools

Let me know if you have any questions.

Peter

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

@AC_9552412 , I have done one simple modification to the Google Map Widget, I added "NiteMode" to the available map skins. There is more to modify then adding a line to the metadata.xml file. 
If you can explain what you options expect to see in the Widget,

I may be able to point you in the proper direction.

If you are expecting to see a new control or option you would need to update googlemap.ide.js or googlelocation.ide.js. There would also be a matching update to the googlemap.runtime.js or googlelocation.runtime.js to make the UI change functional.

Hope That helps

Peter

hi @PEHOWE ,

I want to show all drawing options

@AC_9552412 , 

Can you provide an example of a field which is not available.

If you look at the current Google Map Widget

PEHOWE_0-1621256700023.png

The infotable allow shapes and route data to be displayed.

PEHOWE
16-Pearl
(To:PEHOWE)

@AC_9552412 

Is this the tool bar you are trying to add?

PEHOWE_0-1621290765705.png

Can you share how you changed the configuration to add the libraries?

Thanks

That is the bar I want to add

Hi @PEHOWE,

All the options you see in your image are displayed but this option should be displayed, which is the one I'm missing.

@AC_9552412 , 
From the screen capture you added code to "googlemap.ide.js". 

There should also be code added to "googlemap.runtime.js" which makes the approate updates.

The updates include adding the option "drawingControl: true," to options when the item is checked. 

You also added the drawing library:

googleMapsConnectionString = _invoker.result.rows[0].GetGoogleMapsConnectionString + "&libraries=drawing";

When defining an instance of the Google Map you need to create an instance of the map object. This looks like 

= new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById("map"),

from the Google Maps Documentation. When reviewing the "googlemap.runtime.js" we find:

thisWidget.map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById(thisWidget.jqElementId), options);

This creates a Google Map object. From the google documents you need to load the drawing manager. You need to add code which looks like:

thisWidget.drawingManager = new google.maps.drawing.DrawingManager({
    drawingMode: google.maps.drawing.OverlayType.MARKER,
    drawingControl: true,
    drawingControlOptions: {
    position: google.maps.ControlPosition.TOP_CENTER,
	drawingModes: [
	google.maps.drawing.OverlayType.MARKER,
	google.maps.drawing.OverlayType.CIRCLE,
	google.maps.drawing.OverlayType.POLYGON,
	google.maps.drawing.OverlayType.POLYLINE,
	google.maps.drawing.OverlayType.RECTANGLE,
	],
    },
    markerOptions: {
       icon:					"https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/full/images/beachflag.png",
    },
    circleOptions: {
	fillColor: "#ffff00",
	fillOpacity: 1,
	strokeWeight: 5,
	clickable: false,
	editable: true,
	zIndex: 1,
     },
});
thisWidget.drawingManager.setMap(thisWidget.map);

The above is based on the Google Maps https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/drawing-tools

Let me know if you have any questions.

Peter

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:AC_9552412)

Hi @AC_9552412

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags