cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

ThingWorx 8.1.3. doesn't start

Benedikt
10-Marble

ThingWorx 8.1.3. doesn't start

Dear all,

this Topic is already well know here, but I haven't found a solution, so I'll post the problem here:

I want to install TW 8.1.3 (on a Microsoft 2012R2 OS), installed PostgreSQL 9.4.17 and Tomcat 8.5.29. When deploying the thingworx.war, Tomcat crashes and doens't start anymore.

From the log files I could't extract:

2018-03-16 17:53:23.764+0100 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Failed to load FlxCore library. Ensure it's in PATH (Windows) or LD_LIBRARY_PATH(other platforms) or set with the VM arg, -Djava.library.path. Error message : com.flexnet.licensing.DllEntryPoint.entry([B)I

Regarding another post mentioning the -Djava.library.path - mine is set to:

-Djava.library.path=D:\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions

From the Tomcat logs I found the following:

6-Mar-2018 17:53:14.670 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath

The system environment variable is pointing at the following: D:\Postgres9.4.17\bin

Similar issues are mentioned here:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Thwx-7-4-Failed-to-load-FlxCore-library/m-p/520920

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Failed-to-load-FlxCore-Library/m-p/515114

Can anybody support?

4 REPLIES 4
tschmitz
13-Aquamarine
(To:Benedikt)

@Benedikt

I see you're on a newer version of Tomcat.  Will you double check that the extra parameters you added, including -Djava.library.path, are in the "Java Options" box, and not the "Java Options"?  When I move my parameters to the Java 9 Options box, I am able to reproduce the same errors as you.

Also, make sure your ThingworxPlatform folder is on your D:\, as that's where you have Tomcat installed.

Regards,

Tony

@tschmitz

Thank you for you support, the problem got solved during my absence. The issue was a wrong Java Version (32bit).

Regards

Benedikt

Leigh
Community Manager
(To:beisler)

Hi @beisler,

For the benefit of the rest of our Community, can you please indicate your response as the Accepted Solution?

Thanks!

Leigh

Benedikt
10-Marble
(To:Leigh)

My colleague uninstalled everything and installed TWX again. As I said, the problem was 32bit Java application (64bit needed).

Regards
Benedikt

Top Tags