cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Trouble starting ThingWorx after fresh installation

mlundblad
1-Newbie

Trouble starting ThingWorx after fresh installation

I've seen other threads on this and have tried the solutions without any luck. I am getting a 404 error message.

Could I please get on a WebEx with someone to help me through it?

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:mlundblad)

Could you please attach your application log and catalina.out logs (found in ThingworxStorage/logs and tomcat-installation-folder/logs)?

Hitting a 404 means the application cannot be found, so something definitely went wrong during the install.

Hello,

The requested logs are attached.

Thanks,

Morgan

posipova
20-Turquoise

ocalhost-startStop-2] Failed to load FlxCore library. Ensure it's in PATH (Windows) or LD_LIBRARY_PATH(other platforms) or set with the VM arg, -Djava.library.path. Error message : com.flexnet.licensing.DllEntryPoint.entry([B)I

Points to the license issue. Please ensure the license.bin is in the ThingworxPlatform folder (created in the root of the same partition where tomcat is installed - otherwise specified in the  THINGWORX_PLATFORM_SETTINGS environment variable per the isntallation guide.

You may refer to this post about the setup 7.4 Thingworx does not launch due to license error in Windows

The license.bin file is in the ThingworxPlatform folder in the correct location. I have also tried the steps in the suggested post but still cannot launch Thingworx. Do you have any other potential solutions to this issue?

posipova
20-Turquoise

Could you please send a screenshot of your Configure Tomcat, Java tab? along with the options .

Options:

-Dcatalina.home=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0

-Dcatalina.base=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0

-Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\endorsed

-Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\temp

-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager

-Djava.util.logging.config.file=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\conf\logging.properties

-Dserver -Dd64

-XX:+UseG1GC

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

You need to add this on the last line of the Java Options as well. C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:sfarhan)

Not if it's in the environment variables.

I would give it a shot anyway, something could possible be off with the way the system variables are set up.

ytella
17-Peridot
(To:posipova)

Hi Morgan Lundblad,

Also, can you please review if the users have full control access to /ThingworxPlatform folder?

To verify the permissions Right click on ThingworxPlatform folder --> Properties --> Security and check if the users have full control permissions.

Yes, users have full permission

ytella
17-Peridot

Can you also please try adding the library path (usually: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions) to the user variables as well. If the“Path” variable is not in the User variables, then click on NewàType “Path” in the variable nameà Give the “extensions folder path” in the Variable value as shown below:

Restart Tomcat and launch the ThingWorx composer.

I have already done that, as well. Still does not work.

Is there any way we can set up a WebEx to go through potential solutions?

posipova
20-Turquoise

Could you please open a support ticket at support.ptc.com?

Try to put C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions in System Variable called Path, cause I saw that you have it only in user variables.  It helped in my case.

HI did you solve the issue?? i am facing same problem

jebeck
6-Contributor
(To:AkshayKumar)

There are some good Foundation Server installation troubleshooting tips here.

Top Tags