cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

User Permissions or a bug?

BryanK
14-Alexandrite

User Permissions or a bug?

Hi,

I'm trying to setup permissions in ThingWorx. And I have run into some strange behavior.

The scenario is as follows.

1. create a new organization

2 .create a new group

3. create a new user

4. assign the user to the group and the group to the organization.

Theoretically I should now set permissions on the organization and group. 

Which I have done. This is pretty standard stuff according to the documentation and the youtube movies. 

I have a previously created mashup that I want my new user (in the new org and group) to be able to view.

The user can see the mashup in composer and can view the mashup. But not the data.

This is what the user is supposed to see.

one.PNG

This is what the user sees.

two.PNG

I thought is was permissions on the value stream/ the thing/ thingtemplate / thing shape so in an effort to trace the problem I added the group to each of these entities to see if that would fix it.

Still the situation does not change.

When adding my Org to the Style definitions I did see this.

As part of the administrators group this is what I see in composer

three.PNG

As the user this is what i see.

four.PNG

I have added the group and org but still no change.

I think this is a big part of the problem.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

this is TWX version 8.2

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BryanK
14-Alexandrite
(To:BryanK)

Solved!!

I found the answer here.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Adding-organizations-and-Master-Mashup-formatting-vanishes/td-p/510281

five.PNG

It would be a good idea if ptc could put out a comprehensive example of permissions as this seems to be quite a wide spread issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BryanK
14-Alexandrite

Solved!!

I found the answer here.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Adding-organizations-and-Master-Mashup-formatting-vanishes/td-p/510281

five.PNG

It would be a good idea if ptc could put out a comprehensive example of permissions as this seems to be quite a wide spread issue.

ausparks
5-Regular Member

The next release of the ThingWorx Platform Help Center includes further information and procedures around Permissions. I hope that proves to be helpful. We will add a comprehensive example to our documentation backlog.

Top Tags