cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Toggling of Shaders not working

Ace_Rothstein
11-Garnet

Toggling of Shaders not working

Since the update, I have come across a lot of issues. Recently I was checking the toggling of shaders on model items, it doesn't toggle anymore. Also the orientation of model items are getting inverted.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can apply the "Default" shader by using:

$scope.view.wdg["model-1"].shader = "Default";

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Same thing is happening with me too. Can anyone help me in this

Hi,

could you explain in more details how you are trying to toggle the shader?

Thanks.

Let me explain with the help of an example,

I have two buttons, with one I am applying X Ray shader to model items. And with the other, I am removing/ undoing the X Ray Shader to the same model items. Before the update this toggling of shaders to model items  were working fine but since the update, the shaders get applied to model items but now they don't get removed unless another shader is applied to those model items. Is this an issue with the latest update.

Try to replace the shader with the "Default" shader.

That works for me.

Could you please explain "Default" shader with greater detail with the help of an example.

You can apply the "Default" shader by using:

$scope.view.wdg["model-1"].shader = "Default";

Thank you @sebben. It works! Really appreciate your help.

Earlier I used the code below and it used to work. Is there a problem with the code below which could explain why it worked before the update?

$scope.view.wdg["model-1"].shader = " ";

your mistake here is in the typing of the assignment

should be

$scope.view.wdg["model-1"].shader = "";

there is NO space in the name.

you can also use .shader = undefined;

(note again, in the thread, a mistake of shader = "undefined". this wont work either, unless you actually have a shader called 'undefined')

I think the problem here is in the Preview tool, where these appear not to be working. It is working on device, as expected.

@sebben  As mentioned earlier that the "Default" shader works, but apparently it also removes the texture which was given to the model item in Creo Parametric. After applying the "Default" shader, I have noticed that the model item's appearance changes to the base coat color applied in Creo Parametric.

Hi @Ace_Rothstein ,

the current behavior is that when we use colors and textures in Creo Parametric appearance in this case the colors and the Texture and Decal are displayed in Studio (the Bump is not displayed  in the current functionality yet)

So if we have the behavior in Creo Parametric:

2021-02-17_16-48-21.jpg

In studdio we will see the creo colors, the texture and the decal setting of the creo apperance

2021-02-17_17-03-44.jpg

Let say that the model (only part ) is model-2 

When we call the javascript code:

$scope.view.wdg['model-2'].shader  ="Default";

then we will have only the creo parametric colors

2021-02-17_17-18-21.jpg

but we can switch again to the apperance with texture display calling :

$scope.view.wdg['model-2'].shader  ="undefined";
  $scope.$applyAsync();

the it looks like:

2021-02-17_17-20-44.jpg

The "undefined" one works in preview, but once I publish the project in Vuforia View, the shaders are still there, so can't see the texture of that model item. For some reason it is not working in View. 

Hi @Ace_Rothstein ,

yes, unfortunately I did test this only in preview.

One question, do you know in which Studio / View earlier version  you had the old behavior? Especially on mobile device?

So far understood your  post  the code above did in the past set the behavior of displaying of Creo Textures  . But was this not only in preview mode  or did worked this definitely  in the past also on mobile device (IOS, android).

I tested it now on IOS and this was not working but if this was working and now this functionality is lost , so I could discuss this point with R&D

Yes, the mentioned code use to work in Vuforia View and Studio before the update 9.0.1.4911. I have made several business projects and incorporated the shader functionality but it doesn't work on mobile or iPad anymore.

Hi @Ace_Rothstein ,

reported this issue to R&D as internal ticket VTS-360. I will let you know when feedback will be received

should be

$scope.view.wdg["model-1"].shader = "";

there is NO space in the name.

you can also use .shader = undefined;

(note again, in the thread, a mistake of shader = "undefined". this wont work either, unless you actually have a shader called 'undefined')

I think the problem here is in the Preview tool, where these appear not to be working. It is working on device, as expected.

Thanks, great. Yes I was able to verify that  both values are working fine  on IOS and Android. e.g. :

$scope.view.wdg['model-2'].shader  =undefined;

or 

$scope.view.wdg['model-2'].shader  ='';

all both mentioned code lines are working fine on Andorid and IOS mobile device setting back to the texture properties (colors & texture on the mobile devices Android and IOS)

My mistake was starting testing first on preview - and trying to get it working there before later to test on mobile device..... Sometimes seems to be better to do also a test on mobile device even the preview is not working.

But what is strange there is that the same code (the both lines mentioned above are not working ) . What is very strange that on preview mode this code will work:

$scope.view.wdg['model-2'].shader  ='undefined';

or

$scope.view.wdg['model-2'].shader  ='\'\'';

So I believe that in the preview mode there  in the code some additional eval() applied to the property ?

Currently the following code will work in both preview and mobile (IOS and mobile)

if(twx.app.isPreview() == true){  
    twx.app.fn.addSnackbarMessage('preview mode', 'voice-response')
    $scope.view.wdg['model-2'].shader  ='\'\'';
                               } 
   else
   $scope.view.wdg['model-2'].shader  ='';

or also alternatively:

if(twx.app.isPreview() == true){  twx.app.fn.addSnackbarMessage('preview mode', 'voice-response')
   $scope.view.wdg['model-2'].shader  ='undefined';}
 else                               
 $scope.view.wdg['model-2'].shader  =undefined;

REMARK

I want only clarify that using value like something 'undefined' instead of undefined or '\'\'' instead of '' is something which could temporary  work in the preview  of the current Studio version but it is definitely a wrong / not intended usage ! /, I think this will be fixed soon so that in further version we need to use the same value in chrome and in mobile (set to undefined or to '')

in preview, and the same on device, i can set a shader e.g.

$scope.view.wdg.mymodel.shader = "xray";

and i can reset it by

$scope.view.wdg.mymodel.shader = "";

or

$scope.view.wdg.mymodel.shader = undefined;

Either way works fine

Even after applying the above code to the model item, shader is not getting reset.

Top Tags