cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

server failure

ptc-4476885
1-Newbie

server failure

We lost an I/Link server and everything was changed to a "virtualized" location. The clients are returning an error ... "failed to take or refresh license" at login. We have checked and rechecked all host / domain names.

When launching Pro/E w/o a workspace, lmgrd has not been started yet & a FLEMlm error.

any thoughts?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I'll appologize now for the fact that some of these questions probably seem trivial, but maybe they'll help.

I’m assuming you’ve already pinged the server and that comes out OK. How bad is the latency?

It sounds stupid, but verify the client and server are on the same release of Intralink (I know, just like the tech asking if a computer is plugged in Smiley Wink

Have you tried running a client locally on the server?

Can you run a ptcstatus.bat from a client?

Have you tried using the fully-qualified name of the server when entering the server location for the client?

Is the Intralink DSMU running correctly on the server?

Joshua Houser
MCAD Tools Administrator
Pelco
Worldwide Headquarters:
3500 Pelco Way
Clovis, CA 93612-5699 USA
Phone 559/292-1981
North America 800/289-9100
-

www.pelco.com

ArturPonurski
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4476885)

Jeff,

We had issue with virtual license server: VMWare is changing the MAC
address and invalidating the license file.

PTC response for our issue(we moved back to physical server for PTC
flexnet licensing): please note that not only FlexLm License server but
none of the PTC product installation is supported on Virtual Image like
VMWare.PTC has not tested this & does not recommend it.

Hope this will help.

Artur

Top Tags