cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Cannot connect to license server after change of network

MatthewV
7-Bedrock

Cannot connect to license server after change of network

Hello,

We recently changed the network in our organisation. The server holding licences for creo didn't change, it just change network.

Although the server is up and we can ping it, people can't access their licenses. Here is the creo error message and the result of ptcstatus.bat on the user side.

image (1).png

image.png

And here is the result of ptcstatus.bat on the server side :

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-29 à 08.51.52_944a47c1.jpg

Best regards,
MatthewV
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Article - "Flexnet licensing errors observed when checking license server status (LMADMIN) using ptcstatus.bat for PTC Flex-enabled applications": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS402152 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Article - "Flexnet licensing errors observed when checking license server status (LMADMIN) using ptcstatus.bat for PTC Flex-enabled applications": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS402152 

Turns out it was because my network was classified as public and not private so the exception rules for port 7788 didn't apply. The troubleshooting tool solved it.

Best regards,
MatthewV
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MatthewV)

Did the host IP address change? You may need a new license file.

Yes the IP changed but not the mac address (physical). I have run the Guided Licensing & Installation Troubleshooter from PTC referred by @VladimirN without success (I haven't done the uninstall reinstall process yet thow).

We managed to borrow licences running parametric_borrow.bat but we can't return them when running inside repertory "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 7.0.7.0\Common Files\x86e_win64\obj"

lmutil lmborrow -return -c "7788@192.168.1.128" PROE_DesignEss

the error returned is :

MatthewV_0-1716997036712.png

We will work with those borrowed license until our deadline and try reinstalling License management application on the server.

Best regards,
MatthewV
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MatthewV)

You will need to get a new license as the one you show is tied to an IP address of 192.168.1.128.

Yeah but that's the right IP, the older one was different. 

Best regards,
MatthewV

It seems that you have the license server running okay, i.e. it's not stalled or paused or anything. I think it might just be that the clients (those trying to use the licenses) are referencing the wrong IP when they look for licenses?

You might just have to run the reconfigure utility (C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 9.0.1.0\Parametric\bin for me, your location might differ) and specify the new IP address for the server.

When I do the setup for a Creo installation on one of our machines, I usually specify the name of the server rather than an IP. Don't know if this would have prevented your troubles.

Hello @MatthewV

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags