cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Thingworx HA

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Thingworx HA

Hi,

I am configuring HA for Thingworx.

I have installed Zookeeper 3.5.5 and configured Zoo.cfg.Also created myid file.

After that, i am trying to start Zookeeper and unable to start Zookeeper server. I am getting the error. I have attached screenshot what i am getting error.Could you please help on that.

Regards,

Latha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've just understood -- your myid has ".txt" extension! Remove this extension, it should be called just "myid", then it will work. Keep double slashes though.

/ Constantine

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:vi1)

Hi @vi1.

You might try checking stackoverflow for resolving Zookeeper start up issues.  If that doesn't help, you'll need to Google it for other possibilities.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello,

Can you confirm that you have a directory "apache-zookeeper-3.5.5" under c:\zookeeper?

/ Constantine

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:Constantine)

Hi,

Yes, I have created folder "apache-zookeeper-3.5.5" under c:\Zookeeper. please find the attached screenshot.

Thank You

And I assume you have complete Zookeeper installation inside this folder? Can you take another screenshot of its content, please?

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Thank you.

Here attaching complete folder content screenshot.

Regards,

Latha

You downloaded Zookeeper's source code instead of the binary distribution. Go back to Downloads and get the one with "-bin" in its name, e.g. "apache-zookeeper-3.5.5-bin.tar.gz".

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Hi,

Thank you for information.

I have downloaded bin folder and copied. Still unable to start the server and getting the errors.

Please refer the attached screenshot.

Regards,

Vidyullatha

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:vi1)

Also, attached conf folder content screenshot.

I see on your screenshot an error message, which says that your "conf/zoo.cfg" file is invalid, so I guess you need to take a look at it. Here's explained how to configure it on Linux: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS241504

/ Constantine

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Hi, 

I have re verified config file and followed zookeeper configuration document.

still not able to solve.Below are followed in Zookeeper system . 

1. Installed Java JDK 8

2. Updated java heap size as -Xmx6000m(RAM size is 8GB)

3. Zookeeper deployment 3.5.5-bin

4. Added JAVA_HOME, ZOOKEEPER_HOME path in Environment variable

5. Updated zoo.cfg file and created myid file . Refer the attached screenshots.Also, attached zoo.cfg file.

Could you please help on Zookeeper server issue. I am expecting directory structure issue where i am keeping myid file. I have tried all the possibilities.

Regards,

Latha

Hello,

Try to use double slashes in the paths in your zoo.cfg, e.g. "c:\\zookeeper\\data"

/ Constantine

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Yes, I have tried . same issue after giving the double slash.

Regards,

Latha

It's very strange, because I've just tried the same, and it works fine for me -- Zookeeper starts. Maybe try one more thing -- copy this "myid" file into the same "c:\zookeeper\apache-zookeeper-3.5.5-bin\conf" directory, and try this as a zoo.cfg:

tickTime=2000
initLimit=10
syncLimit=5
dataDir=c:\\zookeeper\\apache-zookeeper-3.5.5-bin\\conf 
clientPort=2181
maxClientCnxns=60
server.1=127.0.0.1:2888:3888
server.2=127.0.0.1:2888:3888
server.3=127.0.0.1:2888:38888

If that doesn't work, then I don't know what to do and would share @slangley suggestion to ask it on some Zookeeper specialized resource or StackOverflow.

/ Constantine

I've just understood -- your myid has ".txt" extension! Remove this extension, it should be called just "myid", then it will work. Keep double slashes though.

/ Constantine

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Hi,

Thank you for suggestions. Now solved myid file issue after remove the extension.

Thank you very much for helping.

Top Tags