cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

2D Drawing open representation manager

CF_8182183
3-Visitor

2D Drawing open representation manager

Hello,

[Creo Parametric 9.0.3.0]

Normally when I open a Assembly file I've to pick one of my representations before and that's ok but when doing a drawing file I've never picked a representation at the beginning because I've multiple of them display in the different slides.

It never happened to me before that I had to pick a representation before opening a drawing file. 

[Picture 1]

Now I've been working in a drawing file with multiple slides and multiple representations, with the same assembly model for all of them. If I select a representation when opening it, some views in my drawing slides are changing too.

[Picture 2]

I correct it by going to each view again, and select the correct simplified representation as in the latest versions. But I don't want this to happen again.

[Picture 3]

[Picture 4]

Why is this happening? Does someone experience something similar?   

1 REPLY 1
Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:CF_8182183)

Drawing views do not change reps as a result of changing model reps. Once a drawing view is set with a rep it doesn't change that rep unless you tell it to.

More likely what is happening here is you are adding components to your master rep which is changing the bounding box size of your assembly. Creo uses the bounding box dimensions in order to control the relative placement of the balloons. IE if your assembly gets bigger, it pushes the balloons out further and vice versa.

One thing you can try is to create the views as partial views even if your "partial" view shows everything in the view. This will constrain the bounding box size for that view. You can also try setting the view origin to being a center point in your view. In the view properties dialog box under the alignment choose point on this view to custom and then select an entity that is close to the center of the view.

Top Tags