cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

3D Dimensions and/or object quantities on a Table

rubenvillarreal
13-Aquamarine

3D Dimensions and/or object quantities on a Table

Hello,

I have recent job at modular design, and it has been a hell, After endless hours I have a decent workflow and a decent 3D model of some cabinets of a kitchen.

The main target is obvious, once I'm done with the design I want to make a few clicks and then have the entire list of cabinet boards that was used in the whole kitchen, so I can send them to production.

The main problem is obvious as well, I have to do many kitchens per day, with different dimmensions, but some cabinets are standards and I am planning to reuse these subassemblies. The thing is that the boards get mixed, the new ones from new designs and the old ones.

My main idea was to change each name of each new part, but considering that a cabinet has 7 boards and a kitchen 7 cabinets, that's a hell of a job.

Other idea that I had but I coulnd't make happen is to create a family table with the dimensions. I don't know how to do it, and I can't find it in Creo 8.

Is there any other alternative? Ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

rubenvillarreal_0-1684362202572.png

3 REPLIES 3

We make table legs for the furniture industry, and just migrated to Creo 9.0.

Family tables are the main thing used here for standards and specials.

I can help you from the family table aspect, but we do not make cut sheets for the whole assembly (or series of assemblies as in your case) so for that you will have to search on various BOM posts for help with that.

We also nest family tables within family tables (a no-no from what I hear on the community but it works for us).

You will need to make instances of the door with columns for width, length, thickness, part numbers (if needed) and any other variables.

Similarly for shelves, tops, bottoms, LH walls, RH walls and any other components.

Then you make an assembly of the a cabinet with the various parts.

Now you can make instances that call out the models for the door, LH wall, RH wall, bottom, top, back, ......

Each instance will be a new product (or special)

Make another assembly of the cabinets with instances of each cabinet.

Hey,

Can you please post some pictures with the process? I want to see how the family table is set, and how you name the instances or other variables so I can follow your advice.

Thanks!

Here is packaging for one of our poducts:

Dale_Rosema_0-1684508650825.png

Far left is our instance names in the family table, then common name and other drawing parameters.

Part number, Box instance, orientation dim, actual part instance, placement within the box, foam/carboard, 2nd part, part placement, more cardboard, screw packs, foam.......

Top Tags