cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Alpha-Numeric Revisions in Pro/IntraLink

EdCouch
1-Newbie

Alpha-Numeric Revisions in Pro/IntraLink

Is there a way to save part files in Pro/Intralink 3.x wiith Alpha (A to Z) revisions? We can

save hem now only as numeric (0-51).

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
huggre
1-Newbie
(To:EdCouch)

Yes, this is possible.

Its been some years since we upgraded to PDMLink, but im positive that we used to have A-Z revisions in 3.x.

I dont remember all the detals but i think you define your appropriate revision sequence in Intralink using the admin tools embedded in 3.x

Hi Ed...

You need to look into your Revision Scheme in Pro/INTRALINK 3.x. It's totally possible to have numeric and alphabetic revisions. You'll need an admin to take a look at the revision scheme in the Administration Tools and add them. I thought they were there by default but perhaps I'm mistaken.

If this doesn't give you enough to go on, let me know. I can go back into 3.x and give you step by step instructions on how to make the necessary modifications.

Thanks!

-Brian

Brian,

I think you have it described correctly in your second sentence.

I did a search in Intralink and found information concerning

Revision Sequences. It also provides references to information

about Exporting a Revision Sequence. It also provides a reference

to information about Importing a Revision Sequence. After reading

these two reference articles, I have drawn this conclusion: It looks

as if you have to export the existing revision sequence file out of

Intralink, Edit that file adding the alpha letters and save the file.

Then, import that file back into Intralink.

If that is correct, I first have to review the objects in the Commonspace

to see if I have defined the correct letters. ie: lower case (a-z) or upper

case (A-Z)

Is that how you remember doing it?

Thanks

Ed

Hi Ed...

Actually I thought there was a tool to edit the revision sequence without having to export. But now that you mention it, we may have had to export, modify, and then re-import.

I just tried to access our old Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 system and I cannot connect. I forgot we've shut down the data server so I can't really do any further checking. I know it's not a difficult process. Once you've enabled the letters, you should be able to use them without any issues. I wish I had better data but I haven't touched 3.4 in at least 18 months and I'm losing some of the details I used to know off the top of my head.

Good luck...

-Brian

Top Tags