cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Axes not aligned with coordinate system / planes

RS_10300387
2-Guest

Axes not aligned with coordinate system / planes

Hello,

I am having an issue where when I create an axis, it does not appear to be in the correct position and is in fact in a wild poisition. For example, I create a new sketch, select two of the coordinate planes (Front and Right for example) and then click "Axis". You would expect this axis to show up as a line intersecting the intersection points of the two planes. However, what shows up has no visible relation to the two selected planes. See "creo pic 4".

Another example is when I use "revolve". I create a sketch with an axis and a shape (square in the picture) and the revolve works perfectly, but the axis of revolution is totally wrong and shifts as I pan/zoom around creo. See picture 1 and 2.

The last example is when using construction lines in a sketch. The construction shapes appear in totally different places from where I place them. See picture 3. In this example, I placed the construction circle in the exact same location as the "real" circle, but it shows up in a totally random place. I belive this has something to do with the blue-dotted lines on the sketch, which for me are not alligned with the principle planes (as they should be based on others experience).

Any help would be appreciated. This is on windows 10 64-bit running as a virtual machine with VMWare. Creo version 8.0.3 Education. I have tried clean installing multiple times with no success. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:RS_10300387)

You might try attaching a zip file with a part in it. I see it's an educational version, so many of us won't be able to open it but maybe someone will.

I am guessing this is a graphics issue, maybe related to the virtual machine also.

Try adding graphics win32_gdi to your config.pro and restart creo. If it seems to correct the issue, it is related to graphics card issues. I am not sure how that works with respect to virtual machines.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II

You might try attaching a zip file with a part in it. I see it's an educational version, so many of us won't be able to open it but maybe someone will.

I am guessing this is a graphics issue, maybe related to the virtual machine also.

Try adding graphics win32_gdi to your config.pro and restart creo. If it seems to correct the issue, it is related to graphics card issues. I am not sure how that works with respect to virtual machines.

Thank you so much, this was the solution. Is there any issue with just using it in this way with win32_gdi? Thanks again, I've been trying to figure it out for hours.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

That tells you it's a graphics card related issue. The option turns off any help your graphics card will give you.  Creo performance will suffer.

You can try updating your graphics card drivers. I  don't have a clue how that  works with respect to virtual machines.

Top Tags