cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

BDL - Part name is not unique

ptc-4445159
1-Newbie

BDL - Part name is not unique

While using Creo/Elements Direct V17, I managed to break my .bdl save file from the beginning. My intent was to create a .bdl (for future cases I will make an .mi) which contained a reorganization of a large number of .dxf drawings. After I started Creo, I immediately went to annotation, went to create a new drawing, didn't have an owner/model and hit cancel. The drawing was still created however so I decided to continue. Created some blank sheets, imported my .dxf's, made the necessary changes and closed the program. My save files now produce this error in the log file:

Error messages:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Error: Part name is not unique.

identifier: ASSE line number: 19051 action: Abort load.

The file size is an indication to me that the content exists. I would like to access the information but cannot due to the load aborting. I also get 'This file does not contain a valid drawing' error.

Any suggestions? I think I understand how I got the problem and am looking for ways I load my .bdl so I can correct the issue and save my information in a different format.

** I am a contractor using another large companies liscense server. Whether a support contract exists and/or support information can be added to my account has been an uphill and losing battle. I have been told PTC can get back corrupt/broken information but I have yet to get the ability to use that option in my current work setting.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags