cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

BOM

bpaliwal
2-Guest

BOM

How to remove mirrored parts in the BOM.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:bpaliwal)

Since the mapkey is internal to your company, my first suggestion would be to ask other users there.

It's going to be relatively difficult to help with a custom company mapkey. Maybe you can post the mapkey.

Mapkeys are usually context sensitive. If you have something selected that is not supposed to be selected, it can give you unexpected results.

With respect to tables, maybe you are supposed to have a table cell selected but you have actually selected the text within the cell, or maybe exactly opposite.

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for the response. 

I asked one of my colleagues and he asked me to delete all non-windchill parameters. 

The problem is that I am unable to delete those parameters and getting a message "Parameter XYZ is being used in a note and cannot be deleted".

Since, I have a lot of notes in my drawing, I was wondering if there's a way I can delete those parameters and still keep the notes? 

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:bpaliwal)

You can edit the note to remove "Parameter xyz" without deleting the entire note.

It may help to use "switch dimension" to be able to see the dimension/parameter symbols.

Thanks,

The assembly was designed by someone else and had no user defined values (such as name, drawn by etc). I manually filled it in tools - parameters. Everything is working fine now.

Appreciate the help

Top Tags