cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Bill of Material Sizes Incorrect

Cthilly63
4-Participant

Bill of Material Sizes Incorrect

The issue I am having is the size that is being reported from plates created using the Advanced Framework Extension (AFX) are rounded up to the nearest .100"  For example a .750" thick plate is being reported via the code BUW_SIZE as .8" on my Bill of Materials.  If I create the part and then go to the parameters window I can clearly see the thickness is .750" but the BUW_SIZE is .8".  The parameter is locked and cannot be edited.

Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated.  My main goal is to get the Size, quantity and length of structural steel parts all on the BOM using generated code from the model.  I do not want to manually type any info on the BOM to avoid mistakes.  All necessary info should be contained within the solid model and be reflected on the BOM in drawing mode.

I'm trying to do this to comply with AISC standards and if anyone has tips I would love to hear them and would surely pursue them.

https://youtu.be/pmp0oHDI5Fw

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags