cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Can't route an the overall cable diameter, but conductors route

riaea
2-Guest

Can't route an the overall cable diameter, but conductors route

I'm having an issue.

On shielded cables that have pairs, somehow the conductors route, but not the overall cable diameter. Any ideas? image1.jpg

I have attached by datatable, membermap and XML file.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jstone
4-Participant
(To:riaea)

Ray,

I believe by looking at your membermap and your descriped problem you have created an overbraid. Cable is looking for you to put a sheathing over everything. Instead of defining the cable shape in Creo Schematics as 4 twisted pairs and a shield just do 8 single wires and a shield then add decorations to show the groups. Your memebermap should only be 1 level with the "physical name1" lisiting something like PAIR1_WIRE1, PAIR1_WIRE2, PAIR2, WIRE1, ect.

Thanks,

jef

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gkoch
1-Newbie

Usually when you route conductors, the cable splits at the last location before the connector and the conductors route to their respective ports.

Or do you mean the complete cable doesn't route at all and only the conductors are routed over the full length of the cable?

riaea
2-Guest
(To:gkoch)

The complete cable doesn't route. Only the conductors route the full length. The overall cable "c4" does not route.

riaea
2-Guest

Here is the video. Maybe this will determine what the issue is.

jstone
4-Participant

Ray,

I believe by looking at your membermap and your descriped problem you have created an overbraid. Cable is looking for you to put a sheathing over everything. Instead of defining the cable shape in Creo Schematics as 4 twisted pairs and a shield just do 8 single wires and a shield then add decorations to show the groups. Your memebermap should only be 1 level with the "physical name1" lisiting something like PAIR1_WIRE1, PAIR1_WIRE2, PAIR2, WIRE1, ect.

Thanks,

jef

riaea
2-Guest
(To:jstone)

I think you nailed it. Now I have to go back and fix "all" my shielded pair member maps and cable shapes. About 15 of them.

riaea
2-Guest

Yep, it was confirmed with using an Multilevel cable, that Creo Parametric "does not" read the cable diameter and minimum bend radius ! It is a known issue that the thickness and min_bend_radius is not brought over. The recommendations is to use assign_min_bend and assign_thickness on the <name>-B1* item in the model tree.

Wow, I'm surprised PTC can't fix this. Another reason not to use multilevel cables.

Top Tags