cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Can we move message bar to bottom of screen in WF5?

DavidFrancis
1-Newbie

Can we move message bar to bottom of screen in WF5?

Hello Colleagues,

I am sure this has been addressed previously, but I cannot remember the answer....

My users want to move the message bar back to the bottom of thewindow instead of the top. I thought this was possible in WF5 but am getting mixed feedback.

Any insight would be useful.

Thanks,

David T. Francis

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

The ability to move it has been removed.

PTC is not interested in how engineer's work, they are intersted in getting you to work PTC's way.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

SO TRUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

Using WF2 and Intralink 3.x

As mentioned in previous posts, we're finally combining our drawing templates and formats into one. I've got them to work the way I want with one recently discovered exception.
If I create a new drawing, choose the template I want from the list (screenshot) and save, it creates a "new" copy (with "same name exists" of course) of the format in my workspace (if the format has not been previously checked out).
If the format has been checked out, or if I browse to retrieve the template from Commonspace, everything's fine.

The list in the screenshot is of our templates which are located in the pro/templates folder on the server ProE resides on. Even though the format's embedded in the template, I have the formats in the same directory as the templates.
Any idea why the format is being treated as a separate file when using a template from the directory on the server?
Even though the format's embedded in the template, it seems like there's still a dependancy that's not understood outside of Intralink.
I'm pretty sure I have the correct paths specified in the config.sup/config.pro, and if I remember correctly, I don't believe it's possible for the paths in those two respective files to point to Commonspace, is that right?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Stefan

[cid:image001.png@01CCAF37.02F451D0]

Stefan,

Formats are a separate file. There will always be 3 parts to a drawing. 1. The drawing file, 2. The format file, 3. The model file.

So when you have formats on your local drive and you have them part of your template, it is going to open that file from your local drive. If you have an Intralink session, it thinks that you are importing a new version of the file and wants to make a modification. You don't want this. What you want is to set your path in your configuration file to point to your Intralink folder where the formats reside. This way you get the format from Intralink and not from the local drive.

By the way, if you allow your users to check out a format, you should change your policies. Users should not have the authorization to change formats.

I hope that this helps,

Ron Grabau

Stefan,

The config.pro option that Ronald mentions is:

A quick example:

pro_format_dir wtpub://My-server/Libraries/ProE Standards/Formats

This should ensure that formats no longer appear as new files in a user's workspace. Once this is set, you could also simply get rid of the formats from the local (or network) drive location.

One important note; make sure the server name matches that used in the server registry (or server manager) within Pro/E, including case sensitivity. I haven't tested in awhile, but once upon a time having the name different, or even having it capitalized incorrectly, would cause problems with this config option.

In Reply to Ronald Grabau:

Stefan,

Formats are a separate file. There will always be 3 parts to a drawing. 1. The drawing file, 2. The format file, 3. The model file.

So when you have formats on your local drive and you have them part of your template, it is going to open that file from your local drive. If you have an Intralink session, it thinks that you are importing a new version of the file and wants to make a modification. You don't want this. What you want is to set your path in your configuration file to point to your Intralink folder where the formats reside. This way you get the format from Intralink and not from the local drive.

By the way, if you allow your users to check out a format, you should change your policies. Users should not have the authorization to change formats.

I hope that this helps,

Ron Grabau

Thanks Ron and Dan, I appreciate the feedback.

Both your comments make sense. I guess because I imbedded the formats in the templates, I wasn't expecting a problem when retrieving from the server. I'm still not sure why the dependancy isn't understood outside of Intralink even with everything in the same folder. It seems that it would be no different than with model and drawing or model and assy dependancies.

When we first went live with Intralink 10 years ago (someone else did the configuration at the time), I didn't think a path to Commonspace was possible, but I'll give it a try. Thanks for the example.
Up until now, we had templates on the server, and users would add a format (from Commonspace). We do have things set up so that users cannot make changes to formats or templates though.

Stefan

Top Tags