cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Change assembly file's default coordinate system position

Mirui
6-Contributor

Change assembly file's default coordinate system position

I have a assembly file, i want to change it's default coordinate system's position so when i import it into another assembly it can automatically line up by using place it "In defualt".

i tried build a sys, it it still use old sys to position it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Mirui)

As designed functionality. The default 'original' csys is used to place components into a higher assembly.

You can try to translate the assembly to your desired offset in the component assembly, but its components may not move unless you used mating conditions to 'tie' the components together.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

As designed functionality. The default 'original' csys is used to place components into a higher assembly.

You can try to translate the assembly to your desired offset in the component assembly, but its components may not move unless you used mating conditions to 'tie' the components together.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I have had some success with creating a coordinate system offset from the default, directly under the default, then editing references for everything that references the default coordinate system (planes, parts, sub-assemblies, ect.).

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags