cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Changing component back to default lines

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Changing component back to default lines

I found an article where I can change the lines of one component:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Detailing-MBD-MBE/Can-I-Set-Only-1-Assy-Component-As-Wireframe-In-Drawing-Views/m-p/170250

What I am looking to do it go back to the default setting of a component. One has the edges changed to hidden line, but I would like it to follow the rest of the components.

Thanks,

Dale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

If it's only in one view and it's not a complicated view or doesn't have any detail views or projected views coming from it, in my opinion, its usually easier to recreate the view and move all the annotations to that view. 

Edge display is ugly if it's over used. Component display is ugly if its over used or used on a large assembly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Assuming the component was set so the entire part shows as hidden.

Layout tab, Component display, HLR Display, pick the part, OK, Default.

If each edge was selected, then you have to go to:

Layout tab, Edge display, Default, then pick each line that was selected to be hidden to change it back to normal. (this can be a daunting task if there are a lot of selected edges)

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

(1) of (6) components is this way.

I tried the first method before I posted and was not able to get it to work.

Does it matter if you pick the part from the tree or the screen?

By the way, it is not the hidden lines, but the "no-hidden" lines that are showing this way.

Thanks

StephenW
23-Emerald II

You pretty much have to pick on screen (i think).

In the first method, if it is showing as "no-hidden" in only one view, you have to pick the part in the view it is set.

If it's in all views as "no hidden", before picking the part, select All views in the menu manager.

It may be the hidden edges were erased individually, then you need to use the Edge display method and select each line that was modified.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If it's only in one view and it's not a complicated view or doesn't have any detail views or projected views coming from it, in my opinion, its usually easier to recreate the view and move all the annotations to that view. 

Edge display is ugly if it's over used. Component display is ugly if its over used or used on a large assembly.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

It was quick and easy to replace the one view on the drawing.

I was hoping it was quick and easy just to pick the one part and put the lines back to default. (But of course not...)

StephenW
23-Emerald II

The component display and edge display commands are easy to use but not always easy to undo. I typically try to avoid them unless there is no other reasonable option.

I have had to deal with there overuse and that has completely soured my perspective.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

For Component Display, if you select the view in the drawing, right click, and select Use Model in Tree from the menu, you can select from the tree.

For Edge Display, selection in model tree will not work.  However, window select does work to select many lines in one move.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:kdirth)

I'll have top give it a try the next time that I run into this.

Top Tags