cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Corrupted PDF's

ptc-593619
1-Newbie

Corrupted PDF's

One of the things that appealed to us with WF5.0 was the ease of
producing PDF's via the "Publish" tab. However, I am experiencing some
problems for which I have no answer. The PDF is produced with a nice
appearance but for some reason, a couple of views are corrupted. In
these views, data is all shown correctly but the actual view image is at
half scale. The drawing is 1:1 and the majority of the views take the
drawing scale. (The exception is an end view at 2:1 scale). Can anyone
enlighten me as to how to correct this anomaly? We're using M060 BTW.
Unfortunately, I cannot show a picture as it is for a client but if you
need further info, let me know.

Thanks,

Richard A. Black

Lead Design Engineer

Eaton Corporation

440 Murray Hill Road

Southern Pines

NC 28387 USA

tel: 910 695 2905

fax: 910 695 2901

-

www.eaton.com

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Related issue with using WF5.0's PDF publisher (i believe 4.0 may have had this issue as well:

• Part modeled in MM

• DWG of part shows inches primary with 3 decimal pnts and mm secondary with 2 decimal pnts

• When applying a tolerance to a DRIVEN dimension on the drawing, for example5.000 +/-.012[127 +/-,30], the PDF will completely turn the secondary mm dimensions into erronenous numbersdecimals.

• We have found insuch cases if you edit the dimension text and add a space in the text after the callout the PDF willbe ok.

• This happens with the TRIUMVARITE font.

unacceptable bug in my opinion.

Of the items listed by Pete even to the font, we have them all - so I
guess it's back to the cutePDF printer for now.

Richard A. Black

Lead Design Engineer

Eaton Corporation

440 Murray Hill Road

Southern Pines

NC 28387 USA

Richard,

I also use the pdf function in WF5. I use...
File, Save a Copy, PDF.

I'm on build M040 and I know there is a problem with the way Pro/E creates the pdf. I can view them all day long on MY MACHINE ONLY without any problems. If I send them to anyone else, they can't open the file. Not only that, but the pdf files are very large in size. I have been told that build M080 corrected this problem, along with another problem of the "change part color" balls showing up very slowly in Pro/E.

I get around the pdf problem by first opening up my new pdf file in Acrobat and then print the pdf file to a freebee pdf printer driver (doPDF) that I downloaded from the internet. The resultant pdf is about 1/4 - 1/5 as big as the one directly from Pro/E and it will open on ANY computer - without incident. Kludge workaround, but it DOES work.

Bob Schwerdlin
Design Engineer,
Dukane Corp.
2900 Dukane Dr.
St. Charles, IL 60174
630-797-4974 direct
-

Just noticed this in the info line - (why couldn't this be at the bottom
per normal?)

"[1]PDF shaded image was required to be scaled down during export, a
lower dpi setting may avoid this".

Changed from 600dpi to 400dpi - SUCCESS!!!!

Richard A. Black

Lead Design Engineer

Eaton Corporation

440 Murray Hill Road

Southern Pines

NC 28387 USA

I had the same problem in WF5 with PDFs created on my own machine viewing just fine, but when they were sent to others they could not open them. I was able to solve the problem by changing the type of PDF being output. When doing a SAVE A COPY – PDF, in the PDF EXPORT SETTINGS dialogue box, under the CONTENT tab, there is a COMPATABILITY box which allows you to select between PDF and PDF/A1 formats. When I switch to using the PDF/A1 format, other people that I send the PDF files to can open them just fine. Based upon your specific requirements this may or may not solve your problem. Here’s a link to the Wiki on the PDF/A - type formats:

Top Tags