cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Cosmetic on a cylinder

gkemner
1-Newbie

Cosmetic on a cylinder

I want to create a hatched cosmetic type feature on the outside of a cylindrical surface. Any thoughts or suggestions? I have not had any luck finding an option that will work the way I want it to look.

WF 4.0 M0170

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Greg,

As long as the surface you are trying to place the cross hatched area is "developable", as Pro/E calls it, you can use Edit, Wrap. You stated you were using a cylinder so it should be fine.Create a 2D sketch with the area/shapeyou want to hatch including the hatch lines.Then simply wrap the sketch on the cylinder.

Hope it helps....

In Reply to Greg Kemner:

I want to create a hatched cosmetic type feature on the outside of a cylindrical surface. Any thoughts or suggestions? I have not had any luck finding an option that will work the way I want it to look.

WF 4.0 M0170

Thanks!

Hi, so now we are in 2019 and I am trying to project, or wrap, a hatched cosmetic sketch on a cylindrical surface.

The hatch drops. Creo 4.0 M060

Why? What am I doing wrong?

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:RubenPas)

I don't believe that creo has the functionality where you can wrap a hatched datum curve.  BUT, you can MANUALLY create the "hatch" as lines in the sketched section, and it should wrap just fine as ling as it's, as mentioned, a developable surface.  Surprisingly, you can now wrap a curve on a pyramid, just not a cone or barrel etc.

Top Tags