cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo Parametric 3.0 model tap disappeared

HJ_9615768
4-Participant

Creo Parametric 3.0 model tap disappeared

hello . while i was drawing i accidently closed the Creo but fortunately there is a file that i saved on the desktop. I tried to continue from where i saved, but i couldn't because i could not find model tap, so i can not run function " Revolve" and finish rest of the works.  On the picture, i think where i drew red circle,  there should be "Model Tap" . IF  anyone knows about it , please help me because i need to practice Creo for my exam and yet i have spend more than 2 days for figuring this by myself, and somehow i found this websites just now so i am posting this.....

10 REPLIES 10

You didn't post picture, but I don't get it, is the file is on the desktop why don't you just simply open it?

HJ_9615768
4-Participant
(To:mvitárius)

i am sorry , but i don't understand what you are saying.. On the picture, the one that i circled , there should be  " Model " tap but i can not find it ... 

You didn't post any picture with a red circle. I'll make a guess.

You are missing this one?

mvitárius_0-1619409353459.png

You have to enable it by right clicking on the menu bar, then:

mvitárius_1-1619409425365.png

mvitárius_2-1619409468093.png

HJ_9615768
4-Participant

yes. You are correct. On the top of the left corner , highlighted with yellow color .

P.S : i have just noticed that saved file extension is " sec "

Moreover, i attached picture again. Please check it . Thank you for your help in advanced . 

You created a separate sketch file. You kinda started all wrong here. What you need to do is create a new PART

mvitárius_0-1619420583727.png

HJ_9615768
4-Participant

i have created like the picture you posted , but right before i make it  "Revolve" the Creo got closed, so i reopened , and it looked like the picture i posted.  I didn't start with " Sketch " as you mentioned, i started with "part"

So, could you give me some other suggestions ????? 

Okey... What happened is, you made part, while you were in part mode you made a sketch(in the part), and while you were in sketching mode you saved. This way it did in fact only save the sketch and no the whole part.

What you NEED to do is: Make a new part, make a new sketch in the part and then either remake the sketch there, or import your saved sketch file with this button:

mvitárius_0-1619497106892.png

Then you make make a revolve.

HJ_9615768
4-Participant

i have followed but still same... 

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:HJ_9615768)

It appears in your image creo3 that you have created a new sketch file from the saved file.

Start a new part

Start a revolve feature in that part

Start a sketch in the revolve feature

Use the file system button to import the saved sketch

Click to roughly place the sketch

Adjust the scale to 1.0

Hold RMB to move the placement target to where you want it on the sketch

Use the placement target to place the sketch

Select the check mark to finish the sketch placement.

Finish your sketch

Complete the revolve

There is always more to learn in Creo.

@kdirth wrote:

It appears in your image creo3 that you have created a new sketch file from the saved file.

Start a new part

Start a revolve feature in that part

Start a sketch in the revolve feature

Use the file system button to import the saved sketch

Click to roughly place the sketch

Adjust the scale to 1.0

Hold RMB to move the placement target to where you want it on the sketch

Use the placement target to place the sketch

Select the check mark to finish the sketch placement.

Finish your sketch

Complete the revolve

Hi,

I guess OP Creo Student installation is customized somehow and because of this he can't see Model tab.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags