cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo Schematics plus Creo View for electrical documentation

BillF
13-Aquamarine

Creo Schematics plus Creo View for electrical documentation

A few years ago, I did some experiments for using the ability of Creo View to show two windows with parts being cross selected between the 3D model and the harness done in Creo Schematics.  Select an item in the schematic and it would highlight in the model.  
At the time, I could not get enough of the items from the schematic to have the proper data in the EDA file for the linking to be practical without a lot of manual work.

I have heard via the Tech Committee for Routed Systems that some parameters may need to be set to make the linking work well but I have forgotten who the person was that commented about it.
If you know someone that has successfully used this feature, can you comment here.  This could be a great help to service or support people.

3 REPLIES 3
MT_7837378
5-Regular Member
(To:BillF)

Hi,

You will need to set parameters for the models in Parametric and Schematics

For Parametric:

REF_DES

For Schematics:

MODEL_NAME

Their values should match.

This way Illustrate will create an automatic match. If a match is not automatically created you can manually match them in Illustrate and publish the PVZ file that could be viewed in Creo View.

I hope this helps.

BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:MT_7837378)

Are you saying that 

Parametric:REF_DES should match Schematics:MODEL_NAME

or 

Parametric:REF_DES should match Schematics:REF_DESS <and> Parametric:MODEL_NAME should match Schematics:MODEL_NAME ?

MT_7837378
5-Regular Member
(To:BillF)

The value of Schematics:REF_DESS should match the value of Parametric:MODEL_NAME

Top Tags