cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo cable routing issue

KG_10104289
4-Participant

Creo cable routing issue

Hello,

I am getting a weird issue in creo cabling while routing a cable.

It doesn't follow the network path even if a continuous network path is available.

I then need to do follow cable to make it route through the desired path.

KG_10104289_0-1679908100638.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, the usual root cause of this comportment is either that your network has a segment missing (like in a branch, there's only a path to the left and not the right) or you network has a smaller minimum radius than the wire's min radius.

Double check your network path and try to move the network around the smaller radius locations. You can also accept the default routing and after that, add locations one by one until the routing fails - that's where your network has an issue and need to be modified.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello, the usual root cause of this comportment is either that your network has a segment missing (like in a branch, there's only a path to the left and not the right) or you network has a smaller minimum radius than the wire's min radius.

Double check your network path and try to move the network around the smaller radius locations. You can also accept the default routing and after that, add locations one by one until the routing fails - that's where your network has an issue and need to be modified.

This typically happens to me for 2 different reasons... The 1st being that I haven't created a valid path for the cable/wire. This would be like at a "T" in the network path I forget to add a right and left fork creating that triangle shape in the network for wires to go all directions. The 2nd being that the bend radius on the spool never gives it a chance. As long as logical spool editing is set to YES with config.pro you can edit your spool and make the bend radius really small just to test the assumption.

Top Tags