cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo piping application.

ER_10382549
5-Regular Member

Creo piping application.

Hello, everyone.

More than a question, this is an open topic:

Does somebody know a reason why the piping application has not been updated in all these years since Pro/E became Creo?

There has not been any change in the way to do piping. I know, some people use to do by swipes and extrudes, others use piping app, and others do spec. driven. But in general, we have had enhancements for manufacturing, electrification, sheet metal, ...

And what about piping? Anything? Competitors are WAY FASTER AND SIMPLIER to design routed systems than Creo (for piping/tubing).

Will this post be seen by PTC people someday? Let's discuss in the comments.

2 REPLIES 2

There's definitely some shortcomings if you're not using spec-driven, but in our experience, spec-driven piping stands up to the other available softwares out there.

Have you used spec-driven before? Where has it fallen short for you?

Hello.

Yes, I have used the features spec-driven offers. So far I haven't had any issue, but my point is about why there has not been any update, changes, enhancements, ..., even just a "facelift" in the piping interface.

I would not say Creo piping module is bad; actually, it works well once you understand dozens of Creo concepts. But in the core, we are using the same tool that was released many years ago!!

Top Tags