We have some older drawings that have been saved with format version 2.3. We have revised the format file to change the company logo, address and replace Pro/Engineer with Creo under the titleblock. In older versions/builds of Wildfire and Creo, when we opened an older file it would pull in the format that was saved with the drawing. Since we have upgraded to Creo 2.0 m220 last week, we are seeing Creo pull in the latest, version 2.4, format but not completely. Both logos are overlaid on each other, the old address is still there and Creo has replaced Pro/Engineer. It is very strange and frustrating.
Has anyone else seen this weird behavior with Creo 2 m220?
Ben Loosli, are you positive about Wildfire not pulling in newer versions of the format? I started with Wildfire (1.0) and to the best of my knowledge any format changes, other than tables, will be immediately be visible in all drawings where that format is used. For this reason, I generally take the approach of creating new formats with completely different names any time visible changes need to be made. The only way to not see the changes is to open the drawing "as stored" (assuming you're using Windchill.) This will pull the version of the format that was used when the drawing was saved.
After 30 years of using CAD, I'm never sure of anything that happened in the past!
I don't remember having this issue when we upgraded formats in the past and when I submitted the drawing to the CreoView publisher, running Creo2.0m100, it published with the 2.3 format that file was saved with. We may have a setting on that machine to load as-saved so that would explain that issue.
The really weird part is that the new format is loaded in the workspace, but the drawing still had the old address of the old format. It also overlaid the new logo over the old.
Was the address in a table cell or in a note? Tables are copied from the format at the time the format is applied to the drawing (either during drawing creation or manually). They will not change unless the format is reapplied. Everything else on the format is sort of like a transparency - it's "seen through" the drawing (or overlaid on top of it).
The address is in a table cell while the Creo/Pro/E below the border was a note.
The tables for the titleblock are part of the format file. We add other notes/symbols/tables at the drawing template level.
Okay, so it sounds like at least 2 out of 3 are "working to specification".
Both logos are symbols that have been placed on the format. There is a table cell that we use for positioning the logo. Now that I think about it, the old logo is tied to the titleblock cell, while the new logo is just a symbol placed on the format frame. I can slelct the title block table and moved and the old logo moves with the table.
All 3 issues explained!
Yay! Not necessarily what you want, but at least we know why.