cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo2 and Trace Sketch

Beyontech1
1-Newbie

Creo2 and Trace Sketch

In Pro/Wildfire ISDX we used to have a powerful little command called trace sketch.

I now have a need for it in Creo 2 and the command is not even in the menu mapper.

Where is it now?

Did it fall off the Creo 2.0 ribbon?

Why did we loose this functionality?

Here is a link to getting it done by applying a new material,

ProE Wildfire 4 - using outside images for reference

But the drawbacks here is you have to create features first and before we could control aspect ration, rotate and transparancy.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In Creo 1 they moved the functionality from ISDX to standard Creo. in Creo 2 they renamed it "Images".  It's on the view tab under the "Model Display" section.

This video shows the new functionality in Creo 1, I think Creo 2 is similar but you need to look for "Images" in the Model Display" pull down.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

In Creo 1 they moved the functionality from ISDX to standard Creo. in Creo 2 they renamed it "Images".  It's on the view tab under the "Model Display" section.

This video shows the new functionality in Creo 1, I think Creo 2 is similar but you need to look for "Images" in the Model Display" pull down.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Thanks A LOT! 

Talk about frustrating trying to find "Trace Sketch" when the command has been renamed to "Images" the search in the menu mapper was no help.

Top Tags