I have a customised table for fetching all parts all parts from model tree . But the error in the table is it does not display alphabetically / in order of the model tree. E.G:- it goes like 001,003,002. but I need it configured as in order. Can anyone help. Attached is the file.
Thanks in advance
Hello Bhagyesh Vashi
as far as l know: Default sort "parameter" in BOM tables is weight , if nothing has been specified in SORT BY.
How to specify SORT BY parameter?
1. Create desired BOM table
2. Go to REPEAT REGION - SORT REGIONS
3. Select desired BOM table
4. Select EDIT in pop-up menu
5. Text editor will open - here you can define SORT BY conditions
- you can speicfy more parameters
- first row is primary parameter for sorting
- second row is secondary parameter for sorting
- if all parameters are missing, than Creo use weight for sorting
6. SORT BY possibilities
BACKWARD or FORWARD
Search more info abou SORT TABLE or SORT BY PARAMETER:
Hope it can helps
Is there any way you know of to do this at the format level?
When we start a new drawing, we would like the BOM to populate in order by part number.
It currently orders it by the "description"
It is a huge pain to need to organize it each time a drawing is made.
Start with simple repeat region ... 1 column containin asm.mbr.name
Is component order equal to model tree ? I hope so.
Check repeat region attributes setting.
Go back to your table.
Check repeat region attributes setting. Try to set it as in 1.]