cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Diameter Dimension

ptc-2265543
1-Newbie

Diameter Dimension

Capture.PNGHello all:

I would like to ceate a diameter dimension, 20mm diameter as shown, but with the partial dimension extension line as shown in the R20 dimension located at each arrow of the 20mm diameter. Is this possible. I tried to edit attachment with the R10 radius dimension which gave me the R20 dimension, but no double extension line. What trick is needed here?

Joe

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

This seems to be a bug. The associative dimension doesn't shows the leader extension but if you put in a drafting dimension on the drawing it does. Of course, being a workaround type of software until someone takes notice of the shortcomings, you can make the diameter dimension and -over write- the drafting dim with "@O" and adding the associative dim "&d1". Then I found out I cannot break the leader... gheeze!

Then again, I'm also not above sketching appropriate extension lines.

Tested with Creo 2.0 M020.

So it seems this still did not get fixed, am I correct or have I lost my touch?

running CP2 M180

dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-2265543)

i think if you highlight the dimension, and RBC the mouse, and flip arrows, it will show the extended leader..  seems to be working on my system, using both ways though.

Daniel,

For you, is it working on a shown (associative, ie sdxx) dimension or an added (created, ie adxx) dimension?

It works for me with an added but not a shown dimension.

Ron

Top Tags