cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Dimension units in drawings are not changing

TF_10605705
3-Visitor

Dimension units in drawings are not changing

I have gone into File -> Prepare -> Drawing Properties -> Detail Options then Drawing_Units and it is in Inches, the model is also in Inches but whenever I create dimensions for the drawings they are in mm. I have changed mm to inches everywhere and closed and restarted Creo and even made new views but the dimensions will not change from mm to inches.

Any help would really be appreciated,

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TF_10605705)

Just of note, the "drawing_units" option in the drawing properties doens't change a dimension from mm to inches, it changes the text heights (and other drawing parameter units) to mm or inches. 

Obviously missing something and without the actual files, it's difficult to troubleshoot. So let's do some random troubleshooting.

In the problem part, go to the analysis tab, select measure and select and edge. You should get a length that says inches? Hopefully. Just making sure part is in inches. If not inches, part units are the problem

StephenW_1-1677671365153.png

Create a NEW drawing (if you have template options, make sure you pick one that uses inches), with that same part. Make a view, add a dimension. Dimension showing in inches or mm? If the units are MM, drawing is the problem (or picked drawing template)

It really is difficult to show mm on a inch part. That's why Tom asked about dual dimensioning option. Its the way you can show mm on an inch part.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

What release of Creo are you using?

Can you zip (drawing and model) and post your file here?

I am using Creo 8.0.2.0. I cannot post them but it is basically just a rectangle box that when I go to dimension the units are always in mm and I can't think of anywhere that I haven't changed to inches already. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Is it just this one drawing or all drawings?

How long have you been using 8.0.4.0?

Did you check the defaults in your drawing template file and the .dtl file that is used for drawing defaults?

It is just the one drawing of the one part. I am new to Creo and have barely used it but have been CADing with other software for a while. Yes, I checked there as well.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Is dual dimensioning turned on?

TomU_0-1677619829188.png

No it is off

StephenW
23-Emerald II

You've check in the part, under file - prepare  - model properties for the units of the model.

StephenW_1-1677621188083.png

Yes, the entire assembly and all parts are in inches 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Just of note, the "drawing_units" option in the drawing properties doens't change a dimension from mm to inches, it changes the text heights (and other drawing parameter units) to mm or inches. 

Obviously missing something and without the actual files, it's difficult to troubleshoot. So let's do some random troubleshooting.

In the problem part, go to the analysis tab, select measure and select and edge. You should get a length that says inches? Hopefully. Just making sure part is in inches. If not inches, part units are the problem

StephenW_1-1677671365153.png

Create a NEW drawing (if you have template options, make sure you pick one that uses inches), with that same part. Make a view, add a dimension. Dimension showing in inches or mm? If the units are MM, drawing is the problem (or picked drawing template)

It really is difficult to show mm on a inch part. That's why Tom asked about dual dimensioning option. Its the way you can show mm on an inch part.

Top Tags