cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Disable mouse cursor locked/constrained to screen boundary while panning

Nairn
8-Gravel

Disable mouse cursor locked/constrained to screen boundary while panning

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help with this UI problem. I recently switched to using a trackball mouse, and I have noticed that (particularly) while working on drawings, the mouse cursor being constrained to the edge of my screen is very limiting. One benefit of the trackball is being able to scroll infinitely in any direction with much less effort than a traditional mouse, however since my cursor can't move past the edge of my display (as happens in programs like Autodesk) my panning ability is very limited. I would like to be able to pan beyond the bounds of my display, as I like to work fairly zoomed-in while reviewing drawings.

Does anyone know of any way to enable the mouse to move beyond the screen while panning? I have looked across forums and Google, also delved into the config options with several keywords but to no avail.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Nairn)

I believe the panning is limited by the limitation on the mouse movement (limitation of the computer).  I can pan into the second screen (beyond the program window), but not beyond the second screen. 

I seem to remember that sometime in the distant past you could set up the system to "wrap" around the screen with the mouse.  The mouse would enter the opposite side of the screen when you passed the edge of the screen.  I can not find such a setting on my current system.  Then again, I may be a bit senile.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
pausob
18-Opal
(To:Nairn)

I don't think this is possible, as Creo tracks the pan "shift" by calculating the distance between the mouse cursor position on the desktop from its initial position (i.e., when the middle-mouse button was clicked)  So even when I use a 3rd party application (AutoIT) that makes my mouse cursor "wrap" around the edges of my desktop, Creo display simply snaps back when the mouse wrap-around happens.  Easier to see it than to  describe it in words, so I hope you get my drift.

I suppose setting up a "huge" virtual desktop might be a hack that could enable you extend the  pan 'area', but it also creates its own set of UI issues...

I'd say you should put in a product enhancement idea for Creo to have panning mode like in AutoCAD, where mouse  tracking isn't stopped at the desktop boundaries thereby making infinite scrolling possible.

Top Tags