cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Drawing Table (Deleted item line number)

rmontgomery
2-Guest

Drawing Table (Deleted item line number)

On an assembly drawing bom table with 20 items. I remove line item #5 and insert a new component.

How do you I make the bom table place the new component at the top of the bom table instead of reusing line item #5?

Thank you in advance.

Ross

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The bom is sorted by item no. and if you are not assigning item no., then yes, this is how it sorts. If each component has an item number assigned, you can control where in the list they go.

What you may have to do is delete the original item 5; regenerate the bom, and then place the new item. the routine is probably looking for the 1st available number in the sequence.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the forum, Ross.

How did you generate the table?

Hi Antonius,

I use a company .frm (repeat region) that will populate the components when setting a drawing model assembly. I am using Creo and as stated above, I would like to add components to the model without the table reusing an erased line item number. I would like the new components to go to the top (40) of the table and not use line item 21 thru 22.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ross

Table.PNG

Ross,

where is newly added component located in assembly model tree ? Is it the last component ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Yes, it will be the last component in the tree. When I insert it in the assembly model the last component will be placed as item no. 21. I tried fixing the index and that doesn't work. I'm running out of ideas.

Thanks for your help.

The bom is sorted by item no. and if you are not assigning item no., then yes, this is how it sorts. If each component has an item number assigned, you can control where in the list they go.

What you may have to do is delete the original item 5; regenerate the bom, and then place the new item. the routine is probably looking for the 1st available number in the sequence.

Ross,

step1 directory

I created parts, assembly and drawing.

step2 directory

I fixed index for TTT record (I entered 2).

I filtered (excluded) TTT (By Item).

step3 directory

I added FFF into the assembly.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
mls_it
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

I have the same problem mentioned in the thread. However, in my case I want to revise an assembly in windchill to remove item 6 and add a new part item 9. Now when revising an assembly we usually make the required changes directly in assembly and then go to drawing at a later stage. By then the BOM auto updates and newly added item takes number item 6. Is it possible to make changes in BOM before releasing a drawing so when we change anything in assembly later on it should not affect our released drawing bom and its sequence? 

Also, is it possible to strikeout item 6 when it is removed from the assembly or something similar so that when a user reads the next revision drawing he is able to understand the changes done. Any suggestion on BOM revision best practices for Creo 4.0  will be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

SJ

Thank you Antonius and Martin,

I appreciate all of your help. I am able to control where the items in the bom end up.

You both receive an "adda boy" from me.

Ross

Top Tags