cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Drawing template and DTL file relationship

khimani_mohiki
14-Alexandrite

Drawing template and DTL file relationship

Currently we have a dtl file stored on a shared drive and the site config.pro points to this dtl file. I would like to move the dtl file onto windchill but Im not sure if I need to. Our drawing templates are stored on Windchill and it seems like they already have had a dtl file applied and when creating a new drawing from template the dtl file specified in the config.pro is ignored, is this correct, can I just update the templates with the new dtl file and them upload the templates into Windchill?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, .dtl files are NOT used when you start a new drawing with a template.

If you updated the .dtl in the template, then your new drawings will get the new settings.

You may still need an updated .dtl file available if you copy old drawings or have old drawings that you want to update to the new .dtl settings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yes, .dtl files are NOT used when you start a new drawing with a template.

If you updated the .dtl in the template, then your new drawings will get the new settings.

You may still need an updated .dtl file available if you copy old drawings or have old drawings that you want to update to the new .dtl settings.

khimani_mohiki
14-Alexandrite
(To:StephenW)

Thanks, I will leave the latest dtl on Windchill alongside the templates for legacy drawing updates and update all the templates with it.

Top Tags