cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Driving dimensions converted to NOTES when importing STEP file into Creo Parametric 8.0.4.0?

ptc-5203494
4-Participant

Driving dimensions converted to NOTES when importing STEP file into Creo Parametric 8.0.4.0?

When importing AP242 STEP files into Creo Parametric 8.0.4.0, some driving dimensions are converted to NOTES and lose all PMI parameter data.  I need all driving dimension to retain PMI parameter values (dimension value, tolerance value and tolerance type, etc).
Any suggestions on why some are converted to Notes and how to ensure all dimensions retain PMI parameter values?

4 REPLIES 4
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:ptc-5203494)

Are the dimensions embedded into notes? IE &d0? If not I don't know the answer to your question but I know that Creo 9 and Creo 10 have incorporated more elements of the AP242 spec. It may be worthwhile trying out a newer version to see if it fixes your issue.

ptc-5203494
4-Participant
(To:Chris3)

Thank you for your response Chris3.
The dimensions are not embedded.

It is encouraging that Creo 9 and 10 incorporate more AP242 elements, though it'll be a while before I can test to see if that fixes the issue.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:ptc-5203494)

If you can make a dummy model that has the issue I can open it up and let you know if it has been fixed.

ptc-5203494
4-Participant
(To:Chris3)

Appreciate the offer Chris3 : )  That won't be necessary,  The PTC portion of the project is being tabled til next year while other avenues are being pursued.

Thank you though!

Top Tags