cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Export or print to PDF of very large .DRW

GB_8759406
3-Visitor

Export or print to PDF of very large .DRW

I have a large machine assembly with lots of objects, facets and edges resulting in a huge .drw file size. (DRW is 150MB)

This won't print or export to PDF as the spooler takes too long. (I've let it run for 2hrs in one case.)

Besides excluding everything that has many edges in a simplified rep (I've done about 50% and the file size barely reduced), is there a way to force a printing/export simplification?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @GB_8759406 

Yes, we propose a way to improve performance if it's acceptable to degrade a bit quality of the PDF being produced, thanks to the config.pro options we document in our article 36323. In addition to that, just verify that you do not have any enable_hlr_hashing entry in your config.pro. Default value is no. But when set to yes, this causes issue in PDF export attempt of big drawings, as documented in article 48787.

Regards,

Serge

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @GB_8759406 

Yes, we propose a way to improve performance if it's acceptable to degrade a bit quality of the PDF being produced, thanks to the config.pro options we document in our article 36323. In addition to that, just verify that you do not have any enable_hlr_hashing entry in your config.pro. Default value is no. But when set to yes, this causes issue in PDF export attempt of big drawings, as documented in article 48787.

Regards,

Serge

Top Tags