cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Fixed Partially Deleted Items - ERROR

MORECREO
11-Garnet

Fixed Partially Deleted Items - ERROR

Creo 7

I recently ran into this issue. I have a coworker who starts with an existing design, makes the necessary changes, and updates the drawing.

Once I get ahold of the drawing file and open it, I get flagged with the "Fixed Partially Deleted Items" error. When the file finally opens it contains all my coworkers new views, but they are overlapped with the views he deleted. They only show up when I open it.

It seems they are referred to as ghost parts?

Is there a way to prevent this?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MORECREO)

Have the co-worker always start with your start parts and use a new drawing. ☺

Did he delete the old views or erase them? There is a difference.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:MORECREO)

Also, did he delete the old models from drawing models.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Definitely sounds like some "bad drawing hygiene" problems, but kind of hard to diagnose without more details on the process that was followed. Like, is there some model renaming? Are these "new views" created with a new model? If all the "old views" were deleted, was the model that they referenced also removed from the drawing?

Definitely model renaming. The new views created would be from the "renamed" model. The drawing would have had old drawing views linked to the old part name. Both of these were removed from the drawing file. Except when I open it, the views come back. Even when the old model is removed from the drawing via Menu Manager/ Del Model

Its  probably important to note that I am the only one experiencing this issue when I open the drawing. Others can open it without issue.

@MORECREO wrote:

Definitely model renaming. The new views created would be from the "renamed" model. The drawing would have had old drawing views linked to the old part name. Both of these were removed from the drawing file. Except when I open it, the views come back. Even when the old model is removed from the drawing via Menu Manager/ Del Model

Its  probably important to note that I am the only one experiencing this issue when I open the drawing. Others can open it without issue.

Hi,

if you are the only one experiencing this issue then I would expect that the problem is related to some option present only in your config.pro file.

Martin Hanák

Thanks for your reply. After a little digging I found there is a "cleanup_drawing_dependencies" config callout that I need to set. However " cleanup_drawing_dependencies yes " already exist in my config file.

Top Tags