cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

HP Printer Problem With Wildfire 3

lholmberg
4-Participant

HP Printer Problem With Wildfire 3

Hi Guys:

I have recently converted some of our workstations to Windows 7 64bit. We went this route as we can run some of the company programs in XP mode as they won't install to 64 bit OS hence I can't use XP 64bit. We are still using Wildfire 3 m220 (64bit) as we are in the middle of a long Windchill upgrade from 8 to 9.1.

Now my problem is with printing. Our HP Laserjet 5200 prints fine with XP and our HP 1055 designjet prints fine in XP and Windows 7 (once I found the right driver that would recongnize the multiroll feeder.......). I have installed the 64bit print driver and I thought it was printing fine. Then I started getting complaints about text that was yellow and object lines that where green. When printing these colors it is not picking up on the green or yellow pen widths. They are printing far too light and in some case in shades of gray. I logged a call with PTC and they don't support my printer any more or Wildfire 3 in Windows 7 so they gave me the SOL line and the call ended there. Any kind of help would be appreciated. I included our .pcf and .pnt files for the printer in a zip file if you wish to look at them.

Note: I believe I have fixed the gray problem by setting the printer settings to print all text black and Send Graphics as Vector.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags