cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to copy parameters from one to another model in WF5?

mmasih
4-Participant

How to copy parameters from one to another model in WF5?

In order to save time I wanted to copy parameters from one model into different models that have incorrect parameters. Maybe someone had the same problem and could somehow solve it.

I would appreciate any quick response!

Thanks.

Michael

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mmasih)

When you say "incorrect parameters", do you mean the parameter names themselves are wrong or the values are wrong?

You could always export the "good" parameters to a text file:

One you have them out, edit the file so they look something like this:

PARAMETER1 = "ABCDEF"

PARAMETER 2 = 123.25

PARAMETER3 = YES

Then you can copy this text into the relations section of the other parts.  Verify the relations, then simply delete the relations.  This process will create the new parameters and/or copy the values to the existing parameters.

mmasih
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Hello Tom,

To your question btw the name of the parameters are not wrong. But there are existing not all of them and have different values. They are simply different!

I'll try your idea later and give you a feedback.

Thanks a lot.

Michael

Hi,

test solution published by Doug Schaefer in Copy Parameters Between Models

MH

Martin Hanák

That post is 6 years old (never mind the system generated date), but I have tried it since in Creo 2 and it still works.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags