cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to create bend lines or bend axis of a flatten hopper?

ftoccaceli
1-Newbie

How to create bend lines or bend axis of a flatten hopper?

Dear all,

I'm a Creo 2.0 M100 user, in my company we use to offen manufacture steel hoppers (like the example in the attached picture). These hoppers are not calendered but made by traditional bending machines, so would be appreciable for the workers to receive a laser cutted sheet metal with alredy traced bend lines on it.
Is there a method to achieve this result?

Thanks in advance

Regards

hopper.PNG
Sample hopper

flatten.PNG

develop on drawing, without bend lines by default

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:ftoccaceli)

I think you should make a sketch on the flat pattern according to the needs of the guy who bends it. There's probably a constant pitch for this.

This does require a little work on your part, Fabio.

You might consider starting with a sweep or extrude with all the proper bends in place.

The bend line of a cone is the center axis, obviously.  You need to make the features you really want.

I would try projecting datum curves onto the surface; they should stay attached during the flatten process.

I think the following will work, but haven't tried it specifically:

1) Create a pattern of points on the top edge

2) Create one point at the vertex

3) Create a datum curve through points - pick the first patterned point and the vertex point.

4) Pattern the curve using Ref Pattern

5) Project the first curve onto the inner surface

6) Pattern the projection using Ref Pattern

Flatten - the projections should stay with the sheet metal.

If anything is likely to fail it is if the projection fails because part of the datum curves extend beyond the edge of the part. If so, then a little more work is done to add a second patterned set of points instead of the vertex point.

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:ftoccaceli)

Hello Fabio Toccaceli

see following link.

How to display bend line in sheetmetal model?

Maybe it will help...

Top Tags