cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Icons or Dimensions missing, white boxes

Kristof_D
13-Aquamarine

Icons or Dimensions missing, white boxes

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this strange behavior of constraint icons or dimensions being lost ?

So far this is what I've found:

• happens in creo 7.0.6 and 8.0.2
  • on an Nvidia machine Quadro P2000 and on a virtual AVD AMD machine
  • comes out of the blue
  • can be missing in one part and still visible in another.
  • restarting creo will often solve it.
  • Updating to the latest driver won't help
  • often on files originating from Creo 4

constraint-icon-white-blocks_creo803.png

I'm not expecting advise or anything to solve it, just trying to collect more clues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

maybe Creo data saved in PTC_WF_ROOT directory are problematic. Rename this directory temporarily, Creo creates new directory structure containing default data.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

maybe the problem is related to configuration options mentioned in https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r6.0/usascii/index.html#page/whats_new_pma/fund-enhanced_visibility_dim_graphics_window.html document. It looks like white dimension value is displayed on white background. You can try to activate predefined dark color scheme.

Martin Hanák
Kristof_D
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,
Thanks for thinking along.
It's not related to those settings, as I have another example from a colleague working with the dark scheme.
The white blocks in this example actually should represent such a blue circle with the coincident icon (as you see above and beside it other examples). 

Hi,

maybe Creo data saved in PTC_WF_ROOT directory are problematic. Rename this directory temporarily, Creo creates new directory structure containing default data.

Martin Hanák
Kristof_D
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin, 
It's hard to say if this solves it, because a restart also does the trick temporary.
With this post I was simply curious to see if any others had the same issue.

Since no one else responded, it might be very isolated.

Top Tags