cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

If I create reps I can't change the colors.

DJ_11471835
3-Visitor

If I create reps I can't change the colors.

How do you create those representations? If I create reps I can't change the colors. Only if I make appearances. But appearances cannot be set on the drawing... So If I set different appearance's on the combined state in the model it works just fine, but on the drawing it is not! How should I do it?

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

you problem description is insufficient. From my point of view the video available in https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/Changing-part-appearances-in-drawings/m-p/923293 contains all necessary information.

EDIT: The video shows steps executed using test data available in Changing Part Appearances in Drawings.zip (see above mentioned discussion).

If you need my help you have to upload your Creo files packed in single zip file.

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin, I checked this topic but did not resolve my problem. In the video it appears that different representations of one part has different colors. I am not sure how to do that, it is not included in that video. I tried creating the combined states according to the video, but address different appearances instead of representations to different combined states. However when I place drawing views with the different combined states, they appear the same, despite in the assembly model it works just fine..

Hi,

once again ... you have to download test data available in Changing Part Appearances in Drawings.zip, unzip the file and investigate how parts and assembly are created.

1.] both parts contain family table (no simplified rep is created in parts)

2.] assembly contains 2 simplified reps (generic part is replaced by family table instance)

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I downloaded the zip and checked the files. It doesn't work for me with your files either..

DJ_11471835_0-1721739189829.png

I only want to change the color some surface's of a part not the whole part color so this method does not really work for my problem I suppose. 

@DJ_11471835 wrote:

I only want to change the color some surface's of a part not the whole part color so this method does not really work for my problem I suppose. 

Hi,

you have to offset "some surfaces" by small distance and assign requested color to new surfaces.

If you need my help you have to upload your Creo files packed in single zip file.

Martin Hanák

@DJ_11471835 wrote:

Hi Martin,

I downloaded the zip and checked the files. It doesn't work for me with your files either..

DJ_11471835_0-1721739189829.png

Hi,

you have to add two views as shown in my video.

Martin Hanák
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags