cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Import Data Doctor

mlambert-2
1-Newbie

Import Data Doctor

I am using Creo Parametric 2.0 and am trying to bring in a STEP file from a different program and it needs to be solid. I imported the file and then using IDD I was able to clean up all of the problems. If I right-click on the import feature and select "Edit Definition" and then click on the IDD icon, and then click on the "Geometry Checks" icon, no problems are listed. But when I try and measure the mass of the part it still shows zero which I'm thinking indicates that it is not a solid. Am I missing some steps or how to I get my imported part to be a solid part. Also is there a better way to check if the part is solid other than using the mass?

Thanks,

Mike

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:mlambert-2)

Welcome to the forum.

Just wanted to verify that you assigned material properties to the part. It may have a mass of zero if it doesn't know what the material properties are?

Thanks, Dale

If there are no appearances assigned, surface models will be a bluish-violet color and solids with be a gray color.

Also, in wireframe mode, you will see a dark blue color. In No Hidden mode, you will still see through the part. If it is solid, hidden lines will be removed.

You can clear all appearances under the render tab, appearance gallery.

Thank you for the information, this will help determine if the parts we bring in are solid or not. I am some what new to Creo, how do you assign material properties.

Any tips for using IDD?

Thanks,

Mike

I avoid IDD like a plague!

Material properties are under the File>Prepare>Model Properties>Material ... you can create your own materials or work with the limited provided selections.

The way I find the open edges of the quilt is with the search tool:

CTRL+F to open the search dialog

Look for: "Edge"

Look by: "Edge"

Attributes = "Type"

Value = "One-Sided"

Hit "Find Now"

This will find every one-sided edge in the model and allow you to highlight them.

Hope this helps.

Top Tags