cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Import multiple XMLs into Creo Cabling

DevinHahne
12-Amethyst

Import multiple XMLs into Creo Cabling

Is it possible to import multiple XML files, from Creo Schematics, into a single Creo Parametric Cabling component? In the past, my attempts to import multiple XMLs has caused the the new one to overwrite the old one.  I figured out it's possible to manually copy and past information from one XML into another using Notepad++. It's an inelegant solution and prone to error, but it does seem to work. Does anyone else have any better ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DevinHahne
12-Amethyst
(To:Gaby_K)

Thank you for your reply.  So far, it looks like my original observation (i.e. use Notepad++ to copy/paste from one into another) seems to be the best solution.  And your reply seems to validate that.  So thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi , 

the sort answer is yes , the long one is : 

• if xml files contain parameters/info which referring to same objects (i.e. same connectors, same routed items or same spools) it will be overwrite/updated . 
  • if xml files are different - i.e. referencing to different connectors, spools or routed items it will accumulate to exist logical data in the model    
  • it does not work smooth :
    • if connector appear in 1st xml but does not appear in the 2nd one - it's ref model might disappear from auto designate dialog (but it still be designated):
      gklebanski_0-1665649578094.png
    • spools which are marked as come from logical data will be editable (will behave as created manually in Creo ) if they are not in the 2nd xml

these issues can be workaround by including all spools and connectors in all xml - assuming difference between xml files are the routed items (connectivity between different connectors, routing of different wires/cables)  

DevinHahne
12-Amethyst
(To:Gaby_K)

Thank you for your reply.  So far, it looks like my original observation (i.e. use Notepad++ to copy/paste from one into another) seems to be the best solution.  And your reply seems to validate that.  So thank you.

Top Tags