I have been trying to install an evaluation license for Creo View MCAD and the installation keeps getting stuck on "Installing License Server..." even though I restart the installation or wait it out. I just can't get past this step (see pic below).
Any ideas how to get past this?
You can also download and test FLEXnet installers.
If you have problems with FLEXnet 11 then you can install FLEXnet 10.8.
Hi, I have the same problem: I was just granted a license through my company but when I tried using the installer I got stuck at the same point. I'm running windows 10.4 and the creo version is 3.0 M110
If it is not working, you may use alternate options:
1. Uninstall the license manager and install from scratch using new license.
1. Stop service for license manager from Windows services
2. Open existing license.dat from installation location of license manager in text editor and copy lines starting with SERVER and DAEMON.
3. Open new license file (text file from PTC) and overwrite existing server and daemon lines with copied one save the file and rename as license.dat.
4. Rename existing license.dat in installation location to something else (e.g. license.dat_old)
5. Copy the newly saved license file (license.dat) in installation location.
6. Restart Windows server for license manager.
Assuming new license file is for same host id as of old one. If required contact company IT.
Thanks for the response!
I got it working last night by followed Martin's advice and downloaded the license server manually. This allowed me to make a license that I could see in the Creo 3.0 downloader. However, when I selected this license it still wasn't giving me permission to download direct and parametric. Finally, I deleted and re-downloaded the download package and it installed it properly.