We're using parts and assemblies with defined component interface. However when loading these parts or assemblies into another assembly it takes a decent amount of time before the part / assembly is loaded and can be placed. We're not experiencing this with components which do not have a defined component interface.
The computers we're using have the following specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
8.00 Gb RAM
Are there more people who are experiencing these problems? And what can be done to reduce the loading time of parts with defined component interface?
Have you monitored memory usage for those having issues? I would be curious how much free ram is available during the period of loading the assemblies.
I only guess that Creo is collecting possible assembling alternatives ...
I suggest to experiment with config.pro options, for example:
Thanks for yor reply! I wasn't aware of the possibilty to change these setting in the config.pro.
I've change the COMP_INTERFACE_PLACEMENT to INTERFACE_TO_GEOM.
I'll have to do some assembling in order to check if changing this setting solves the problem. Will give an update if i've tried it.
When using automatic component placement on large assemblies it can take a significant amount of time for the system to find potential assembly placements. This only improves time to assemble components, it doesn't improve overall assembly loading time.
I suggest turning off the automatic place option